|Posted by lmreed on November 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM|
Working hard to make a low-carb Turkey Day.
1. Trying out a new stuffing recipe that I pieced together from other low-carb stuffing recipes I found on the internet
2. Substituting sugar free cherry Jello instead of cranberry sauce
3. Making a pumpkin casserole with just a touch of pineapple topped with whipped cream to replace sweet potatoes (or yams)
4. Placing sliced almonds on top of my green bean casserole instead of those lovely high-carb french fried onions
5. A nice leafy salad
6. A touch of corn
7. A jar of pre-made turkey gravy (in limited amounts)
8. And, of course, lots of nice zero carb turkey (we'd have ham, too, if I hadn't forgotten to buy it)
9. To top it all off, low-carb custard for dessert
Happy Turkey Day!